Before you begin please note the following.
If you cancel the PVR service you will lose all of your recorded programming!
A recorded show on PVR must finish recording in full first before it can be replayed from the start!
You cannot record your programming to local storage even if your device allows for this to be done on other Apps.
All profiles are sharing the recording capacity of the account. In the case recordings need to be deleted in order to free some space, it’s required to switch between the profiles in case there’s private recordings that need to be deleted.
Recordings set to record at a future date are included in the TV quota for total time occupied at the moment, TV support is working on improving this feature. For example if you have 76 episodes scheduled on the PVR, even though it hasn't downloaded yet, the quota will be reached.
The PVR function on Apple TV does not currently display the allotted hours of used or free space of recorded time.
Start a Recording
- When watching live TV, press the Right directional key on the remote to show the channel banner, then select the “REC” Icon. A new menu will appear to be able to plan your recording.
- Configure the settings according to your preferences and then select “OK”:
Note: If the show is currently airing, this option will not be available.
Play a recorded show/movie
- From the main screen of the app, select “Recordings”.
- Select the sub menu “Recorded”, then select the recorded show in the list. A description of the show will then appear with a list of all recordings that were made for this show in question.
- Select the desired recording and then “Watch recording”.
- When the playback is completed, there will be a prompt that will appear if you wish for the recording to be deleted.
Delete a recorded or planned show/movie
Single Recorded Show/movie
- From the Recordings screen, select the show from the “Recorded” list. A description of the show/movie will then appear with a list of all recordings planned or already recorded.
- Select the recorded show/movie in the list you wish to delete.
- Select “Delete Recording” and then confirm the action.
All Recordings from a Show
- From the Recordings screen, select the trash icon located at the top-right of the screen.
- Select one or multiple shows you wish to delete, then select “Remove Selected”.
Single Planned Recording
- From the Recordings screen, select “Planned”, then select the planned show/movie. A description of the show/movie will then appear with a list of all recordings planned or already recorded.
- Select the planned show/movie recording in the list you wish to delete.
- Select “Cancel Recording” and then confirm the action.
- From the Recordings screen, select “Planned”, then select the series recording you wish to modify.
- Press the left directional key on the remote, select one of the two options and then confirm the action in the next prompt:
Making a recording private
In the case the account has multiple profiles set up within the app, it is possible to make recordings private so they can only be shown for the active profile when it was requested. There is two ways it can be done.
- When creating a recording: At the recording menu, select the option “Mark as Private”.
- From the “Recordings” menu: Select a recording of the show/movie/series in question and then select “Set as Private”.
In order to make a recording public, select a private recording of the show/movie/series in question from the “Recordings” menu and then select “Set as Public”.