WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Your SmartRG modem/router, plugged in and powered on
- A computer, tablet, phone, or other device with internet browsing software installed – Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, are typical examples
- A connection between your device and the SmartRG - We recommend doing this by connecting an Ethernet cord from your device to one of the LAN ports on the back of the SmartRG, but you can also do this using WiFi.
- Open a Web Browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/admin
- You will then be prompted to enter a User Name & Password, by default these are:
- User Name: admin
- Password: admin
- Click "Wireless" which will be the third tab from the top on the left side of the page:
- Click "5 GHz Band" (Unavailable on the SmartRG 505N) OR "2.4 GHz Band" depending on which wireless network you would like to configure.
- Ensure "Enable Wireless" is checked. You may now change your SSID (i.e. your Network name) to anything you like.
- Click the "Security" tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Ensure that your Network Authentication is set to "Mixed WPA2/WPA-PSK"
- Uncheck "Use base MAC address as WPA/WAPI passphrase".
- You may now change your WPA/WAPI passphrase (i.e. your WiFi password) to your choice.
- Click "Apply/Save" and you've successfully changed your WiFi Network Name and Password!
You can now connect to the new SSID using the password you selected during this setup.
WPS on SmartRG DSL modems do not have a button. It is turned on within the interface.
- Navigate to the modem's web interface. (http://192.168.1.1)
- Click on the Basic Configuration link. (Top right corner)
- If asked use admin / admin to login.
- Click on the Wireless link.
- Click Security on the WPS band you wish to use.
- Set Enable WPS from Disabled to Enabled. Click Apply and Save at the bottom.
- Activate the desired band by pressing 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz briefly on the rocker switch.
- OR by pressing the desired band button and holding it down for 7 seconds.
- Open a Web Browser and go to http://192.168.0.1/admin
- When prompted to login with a username and password, use the username and password located on the bottom of the modem.
- Click Wireless.
- Click Radio.
- Set the Wireless Interface drop down menu to 2.4 Ghz.
- Click Primary Network.
- Enter your desired wireless network name into the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Enter your desired wireless password into the WPA Pre-Shared Key field.
- Click Apply.
If also configuring the 5GHz, please repeat the steps above and during step 5 set the Wireless Interface to 5 Ghz.